Shopping Cart

Your shopping cart is empty
Visit the shop

Categories
  • History Of Rodbourne (1)
  • Uncategorized (1)
Recent Comments

Archive for the ‘Terminus Fish Bar’ Category

Terminus Fish Bar with Yelton Sweet Shop

ID Number – 035

Image No – img262

Subject – Terminus Fish Bar with Yelton Sweet Shop

Date – circa 1940

Donor – HarrisMrAF

Street – Rodbourne Road

House Number/Name – 128/127

Location – 128/127 Rodbourne Road

Shop – Terminus Fish Bar (Fish Shop) and Yelton Sweet Shop

Terminus Fish Bar owned by Mr & Mrs Hall

ID Number – 034

Image No – img518

Subject – Terminus Fish Bar owned by Mr & Mrs Hall

Date – circa 1940

Donor – HarrisMrAF

Street – Rodbourne Road

House Number/Name – 128

Location – 128 Rodbourne Road

Additional Info – Mr. Hall emigrated to Canada, enlisted in the Canadian Army in the 1st World War and married Emily Clarke of Crudwell near Malmsbury. They went to live in Canada but she became home sick and they returned to Swindon in 1938. The photo shows the shop shuttered up with a hatchway. This was due to the windows being broken when a German plane strafed Rodbourne Rd .

Terminus Fish Bar & The Sweet Shop

ID Number – 037

Image No – img047

Subject – Terminus Fish Bar & The Sweet Shop

Date – circa 1969

Donor – HarrisMrAF

Street – Rodbourne Road

House Number/Name – 128 & 127

Location – Rodbourne Road

Shop Parade, Bottom end of Rodbourne Road

ID Number – 036

Image No – img264

Subject – Shop Parade, Bottom end of Rodbourne Road

Date – circa 1940

Donor – HarrisMrAF

Street – Rodbourne Road

House Number/Name – 128, 127,

Location – Rodbourne Road

Additional Info – Notice the window of the Terminus Fish Bar on the left. The glass was destroyed by stray bullets when a German bomber straffed the Gasometer in Iffley Road. As there was a shortage of glass they used corrugated iron with a hatch in it to serve the customers.

visits since 9 March 2009