Shopping Cart

Your shopping cart is empty
Visit the shop

Categories
  • History Of Rodbourne (1)
  • Uncategorized (1)

Archive for the ‘Groves Street’ Category

Groves Street was laid out in the 1890s and named after John Groves, a brewer from Weymouth whose company owned the “Even Swindon Hotel” on the junction of Groves and Redcliffe Streets. The hotel is now known as the “Famous Ale House”.

St Augustine’s “Review” magazine’s page of Advertisements

ID Number – 253.11

Image No – img060

Subject – Page of Advertisements

Date – 1950

Donor – WalkleyJoyce

Street – various

Location – various

Shop – various

Additional Info – Advertisements for various premises in various streets

Advertisements in St Augustine’s Church Magazine

ID Number – 500

Image No – img013

Subject – Advertisements in St Augustine’s Church Magazine

Date – 1952

Donor – MallerMrG

Street – Summers Street

Church/Chapel – St Augustines Church

Advertisements in St Augustine’s Church Magazine

ID Number – 253.16

Image No – img267

Subject – Advertisements in St Augustine’s Magazine

Date – 1950

Donor – WalkleyJoyce

Street – Jennings Street, Morrison Street, Morris Street, Grove Street & Rodbourne Road.

Church/Chapel – St Augustines Church

Pub/Club – The Dolphin

Additional Info – various advertisements for various premises including “The Dolphin”

visits since 9 March 2009